Welcome to Michigan Pain Consultants and thank you for choosing our practice for your health care needs.
For your first appointment, please arrive 30 minutes early to complete any additional practice paperwork.
You will receive a reminder call prior to your appointment. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm at (616) 282-0633. You will also receive a call from our nursing team prior to your appointment to review your medical history and all pertinent information prior to your appointment.
In order for us to address your needs at the time of your appointment we ask that you please:
- Bring your License/ID and insurance card to each appointment. Please note that if no form of picture ID is brought to this appointment, you will need to be rescheduled.
- A digital picture will also be taken at this initial appointment for your electronic medical chart.
- Plan to update or verify your personal information at each appointment.
- Please be aware your first appointment will consist of an evaluation of your pain to determine a plan of care for you. You will not receive an injection at your first appointment. If it is determined that a procedure will be performed at your next visit and light sedation is required, you will need to arrange for a driver to arrive with you for your appointment. Anticipate being at our office for your initial appointment for approximately two (2) hours.
- Please remember that your appointment time is set aside specifically for you. If you are unable to keep your appointment, you are required to provide us with a 24-hour notice.
Our office participates with a variety of insurance plans, including, but not limited to:
- Priority Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Care Network
- United Healthcare
If you have any questions regarding your insurance, we will try to help. However, questions relating to specific coverage issues must be directed to your insurance company’s member services department. Their telephone number should be listed on the back of your insurance card.
COPAYS / DEDUCTIBLES
All applicable co-payments, deductibles, co-insurance and personal balances, both current and prior, are due at the time of service unless other payment arrangements have been made. In some cases, you may be asked to pay the balance of your account or make payment arrangements prior to making your next appointment.
For your convenience, we accept cash, checks, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and money orders. You may also pay your bill online through our website (shown below). Please note that there is a $25.00 service charge for all returned checks.
We understand that there may be times and circumstances that come up where you are unable to pay your entire bill. In these situations, it is very important that you contact our Billing Office at 616.278.0394 so a financial representative can assist you in setting up a reasonable payment plan and to keep your account from being sent to a collection agency.
If you fail to meet the financial obligations agreed upon in this financial policy or have other payment arrangements made, your outstanding balance will be sent to a collection agency. You will be required to pay your entire account balance, with the collection agency (including any fees they add) before being scheduled for any further appointments.
If you have billing related questions, please contact our billing office at 616.278.0394.